03 June, 2006

Frustrated

(This entry was moved from a previous point.)

Dear Reality Board Observer,

I hope you can help me with this issue. I’m a poster at (name edited out) and recently there is this one poster who keeps following me around from thread to thread and tries to pick a fight with me. On anything and everything I post about. It is really bugging me to death and if I tell them to stop it only makes them insist that they have a right to post as I do. If I get too snippy about it the damn mods jump on ME for starting a fight and not them. It is starting to become a real problem and it is causing me to cut back on my posting. I HATE them since they are ruining my board fun and I don’t think I’ve ever done anything to them to deserve this. Sure I argue about stuff here and there but I don’t stalk someone around and disagree with everything they say just to get under their skin. HELP! (and thanks and I hope you post my email.)

Frustrated


Dear Frustrated,

I understand your obvious frustration. I have seen what you are describing more than I care to remember. Your stalker will not stop and the more you confront them, the more they will stalk you. I would suggest that you keep track of the next bunch of times this happens and report it to the mods at the board. Send them links to the posts in question as well as date/times etc. Ask them to send this person a warning.

If you get no satisfaction with that, then you really don’t want to be at that board, so find another place to post. If you think you can’t leave your board friends, then join under a new name and let your friends know what the new name is. Let your "stalked" screen name die and maybe you will be left alone. If your stalker figures out your new name right away, then they are in bed with the mods and that would explain the overt behavior on their part. You won’t be able to fight it. You can’t win. Move on to a new place. For every decent person on the internet, there are 100 total assholes. Remember that. Also remember that you can just try to ignore them, but that rarely works.

-RBO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home