22 May, 2006

INTRODUCTION

DEAR REALITY BOARD OBSERVER was designed to be the "DEAR ABBY" of the little portion of the internet that focuses on the discussion of Reality TV and all the turmoil and drama that goes along with it.

But what if you have no idea who "DEAR ABBY" is? Well, "DEAR ABBY" is the famous iconic syndicated newspaper column that printed letters from people who had various questions about stuff, and they usually were about their love life or other personal information. ABBY gave advice to those who wrote the letters openly in that column. They were interesting.

At this site, I’ll be giving advice to those who send me emails with questions. I will not return answers directly to the sender, but will proffer the response right here in the blog.

You’ve hit a wall on your board? Should you leave? You want to know what to do? Is someone bothering you? Baiting you? This is the place to ask about it and if I don’t have the answer maybe someone will send the answer in.

We also intend to do follow-ups to see how things turned out, and we’ll report about it. We want to encourage people who have advice of their own to send it in. If it makes sense, or if it has a refreshing perspective, I’ll post it. If someone sends in consistently good advice, that person MAY be invited to become a permanent contributor here. A full staff of contributors would be a nice thing to build to.

Be warned that you may not like what I tell you and I’m not usually going to tell you what you want to hear. Chances are if you are asking the question, then you already know what the answer is- you’re just not admitting it. Rest assured, I’m going to tell you like it is as far as I see it.

I may aggregate a group of letters to use in one posting to create a theme of sorts. I may redact certain information that I deem inflammatory or illegal. Names will usually be redacted if they have no reason to be there.

Who am I? I have been around this internet stuff for a long while. I’ve been posting back when all we had were the newsgroups. I’ve been an admin or mod at more than a few boards over the years and I’m happy to say that I’m not a mod or admin at any board other than this one right now. And I don’t care to ever do it again. I feel like I’ve seen an awful lot over my years on the internet and I think I have some good advice to share.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Email me at DearRBO at gmail.com

((smooches))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home