31 May, 2006

Reality Shattered

The following response was actually sent in from one of our readers:


I saw the question about meeting up in person when all you have is an internet relationship and I have to say a heavy NO WAY DON’T DO IT. I did it once and it was the biggest dissapointment of my life. These were people that I had known on the boards for years and then when I finally met them face to face I was shocked. I have never seen such a bunch of overweight (fat) and ugly people in my life. I had a nice image in my mind of what everyone would look and sound like and I was wrong! Not only were they slovenly, they also dressed like bums and talked like trailer trash with hick accents. I’ve never heard such low level back-woods accents.accents raspy from too much smoking and drinking..and they never stopped smoking and drinking the whole time. I couldn’t drink enough to even have a good time myself. I couldn’t get out of ther fast enough. I know this sounds shallow of me, and Im not the picture of beauty,but all I could see were those fat people sitting at their computers while they drank and chain-smoked pretending to be something else. One even fessed up that the picture they posted was from 24 years ago!
What a joke. After having the reality sucked out of me on that one trip I have never done it again and I will never do it again and I advise you not to do it either. Keep the fantasy alive and don’t bother meeting up face to face. Do you really think a good looking trim and fit person healthy person has the time to sit on the internet all day long?

REALITY SHATTERED

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home